Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Friday, February 5, 2010

Be careful what you pray (wish) for???

After the last 6 months, I am beginning to understand why I should never be careful what I pray for, as if I wasn't expecting God to answer the prayer in the first place.  I think the Bible talks about being "luke warm" with our faith (and subsequently our prayers) and many of you know what it says about that.  Thus, I am doing all I can to be very blatant in my daily prayers.

With that said, I must also mention that I think the "honeymoon" is over.  The first month with Brayden was, shall we say, accomplished on adrenaline.  Kel and I were sooooo happy to finally have him home from the hospital that we floated thru December and into January riding the ecstatic emotions of having a baby.  The first month is behind us (sadly) and we are moving on and up.

Now, don't get me wrong...we still are so overjoyed for this little miracle that Jesus dropped in our laps...and every day is full of new things that he is able to do that are WAY beyond his "development stage."  However, I think for me personally, the lack of sleep has begun to catch up with me, and I know Kelli gets more and more excited when I get home from work so she can have a little more "me time" to catch up on whatever she needs to. 

All this to say that, again, we spent the last 9 years in fervent prayer over being able to have children of our own...whether naturally or thru adoption.  Now that that prayer has been answered, I have to look back and say that I must be very deliberate in what I pray for from here on out.  I serve a God, and His Son Jesus, who are in the "business" of meeting our needs, but not always our wants.  He wants to do what is best for us, in HIS TIMING, that will further His kingdom.  So, I now am trying to step back and, while holding this little spitfire of a baby, look at what Jesus has in store for him and his future.  Is he going to be a Pastor?  Will he be an athlete?  Will he be a doctor/lawyer/teacher...or heaven forbid...a banker.  :) 

You know... I have to say -- I give him to You, Father.  Whatever Your will is for his life, allow me to be your instrument that gets him there.  That raises him to be a child of Jesus, that loves You dearly, and that is open and available to your calling.  I feel that is what Kelli and I tried to do in our marriage -- even thru the hard times of infertility and it led us on a path directly to Brayden.

So, Jesus, do your work thru me and Kel as your instruments in molding this little guy into the MAN you want him to be.  Well rounded, polite, disciplined, and on fire for Jesus -- the rest will take care of itself. 

I'll end with this... Luke 18:2-8 says ..."He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'  "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?  I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

So, again, Jesus will not keep putting us off...those who cry out to Him day and night -- so be very blatant in the desires of your heart, and know that steady plodding with Jesus will get you the answer that is wrapped in His will for your life. 

Side Note -->  Anyone else make it to the last phrase there???  "...will he find faith on the earth?"  Where are we as a society?  Is anyone else fearful for the future of our country...marinate on that for a little while 

Thanks for stopping by...DD

0 Friends for Coffee: