Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Onto the New Year!

So, here we are, moving into 2012...but before doing so let me recap Thanksgiving and Christmas for the Dowdney's in 2011.

We had Thanksgiving at Kelli's Parents house in Palestine, and Kaysi and Robbie met us there.  My Mom and Dad drove down to meet us too and stayed for a couple days, and we ate wayyyy too much and watched a bunch of football.  It was a great time of family and fellowship and we always love getting everyone together.

We decided to do Christmas at our house this year, what with having a 2 yr old and all. So, Mimi and Papa (Kel's parents) stayed with us for a few days, and Nana and Pawpaw (my parents) came over to hang out on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Bent Tree Bible was having their Christmas services on Christmas Eve to allow the Church Staff time to be with their families on Christmas morning.  So, we headed over there to enjoy their services. As usual, it was a lovely service, although our parents aren't real keen on this new way of doing worship music...they're a little more used to the traditional hymns, but c'est la vie -- we made the best out of it.  :)

Christmas Day got started a little late, as with all the excitement from Christmas Eve, Brayden slept in on Christmas morning.  I guess at 2 he isn't too keen on all the things that await him on the morning of Christmas, but that may change after this year.  Once we got to unwrapping presents, after praising the birth of Jesus (of course), it wasn't long before Brayden started figuring out this was pretty cool.  We saved his biggest present for last, but I don't think we quite made it to the end before he found it...a kitchen that we had covered with blankets so he wouldn't see it.  Once he found it, I've never seen him so excited about something!!  He was beside himself trying to figure out everything he could do with it, pushing buttons, opening doors, getting the ice maker to work, and "cooking." He walks around now talking about "cooking" and when we ask him what he's doing he says, "I cook." It's hilarious and we are eating it up right now (pun intended). Of course, he got a whole bunch of things for Christmas and we are so thankful for the family and friends we have that shower our son with love and affection, but the kitchen took the cake (again, pun intended). We also ate til our stomachs hurt, but it was sooo good to see our family again, and be able to spend time with them. We try to never take for granted the times we are able to spend with our families. 

Otherwise, we all shared in many blessings this Christmas...not just Brayden. :)

Since our last post, I have been able to go hunting twice with Kelli's Dad...Papa (to Brayden).  He and I have gone out to ranch just him and me...no girls or little boy.  I have always had a very good relationship with my FIL and I appreciate him for the man he is, the child of God he is, and the father figure he has become for me. I have been blessed with 2 father's here on earth that any man would kill to have, and I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for providing these two men to emulate. 

Kelli and I celebrated our 11th Wedding Anniversary on Jan. 6, 2012!!!  Woo hoo!!  It just so happened that I had a little time off, and was able to convince her to go to Lake Tahoe with me for some skiing and a little time away from the daily grind.  We had a great time, albeit the mountain there (called Heavenly) was only operating 20% of their slopes as they had 0 natural snow thus far in the season.  However, they did a great job with the man made snow they produced, but we both noted how we would really like to go back when they had gotten a good snow storm blow through.


Below is a video I took of Brayden as he's playing with a Book Reader he got for Christmas...he is laughing at one of the noises it makes and I thought it was cute enough to video...enjoy.


This is a picture of Kelli on top of the mountain in Tahoe...note both views!

This was us out on the town in Tahoe...we had just watched 2 movies back to back.



This is me in my ski outfit...yes, really.

Brayden likes to ride the rides at the mall...so this is him in his truck



Just a cute one of him getting a drink

This was him in his T-giving outfit, playing outside.

0 Friends for Coffee: