Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In Memory of her Dad......

The video took me way back some 25 years......I remember those days, the long summer afternoons....Dad standing with his hands on his hips, mom sitting in a lawn chair near the barn with Kaysi sitting on her lap! "Now you got to really run hard at that first barrell! That's where you are going to make up your time. Everyone can run out after that last barrel but you gotta attack that first one!" Dad was always my coach, and let me tell you, there was no option for not placing in whatever event I was in! We would leave the house on Satruday mornings aroung 5:30 am, with a trailer full of 3-4 hourses, and off we would go to run those barrels, poles, and anything else they put in the arena! Dad's saying was "You got to hold her head up and make her pay attention!"....and that saying follows me even today. Funny how a little saying about a hard-headed horse can apply in so many different situations. I guess that's kinda why this hit so close to home for me. This video is a reigning pattern run in memory of the rider's father, but without a saddle or bridle!!! It is beautiful!! ~enjoy

3 Friends for Coffee:

Mattison said...

THAT VIDEO IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Liking your blob...keep it up...see you're a pro already! :)

Andrew & Pat Overton said...

Dave, did you really expect that to happen without some measure of DRAMA.........you take care of my baby girl, you know i love her TOOOOOO much. Proud of you both, and oh yeah, I just love that boy!
YO MAMA