Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Monday, February 25, 2008

Shot thru the heart, and you're to blame...

So, tonight was to be the beginning of Kelli's Lupron shots...which had to be administered by me - her loving hubby. After a long day of work, and then an exciting evening of bringing the Message of the Lord to teenagers in Carrollton, I was looking forward to taking out my angst on El Wife' (pronounce El WEE fay - aka Kelli). After coming home and getting cleaned up with a shower, it was time. 10pm on the dot is the time Kel is supposed to take her shot. So, we get out the needle...a little intimidating, but nothing we can't handle. Then comes the Medicine and the cotton swab...again, piece of cake. Kel puts all three together, so to speak, and we are ready for the first of many shots. Well, after seeing the gleem in my eye at the opportunity to "make this happen," I can see she isn't quite ready for all of this. I think I even saw the thought cross her mind...."do I really want a baby this bad?" I tried a few different distraction techniques: calling the puppies into the room, showing her all the pictures of baby's we have on our fridge, and even making a dart reference (you know, taking the needle in hand, like a dart, and threatening to give it a toss at her belly from say 15 feet away, aiming for the bullseye). TO NO AVAIL. Kelli was pretty nervous about all this, as it isn't everyday you have to get a shot, and to that effect, one given by your husband. After several minutes of trying to psyche herself up, I told her that she just needed to suck it up and take one for the team. She did - LIKE A PRO - if I may say so myself. She let me pull her real close and in an instant it was all over. She even mentioned that she never even felt it once we were done. To be honest, it was all a little surreal. I don't think she had ever thought about her husband having to give her a shot, and I don't think I ever thought about having to give my wife a shot. Strange, but it's over...for tonight. We get to try it all over again tomorrow at 10pm sharp - that is if she can get over her fear for a second night in a row. Bring It!!

1 Friends for Coffee:

KC_NIKKI said...

I keep getting these emails about some blog *shrug* I dunno but I ended up here. Love yous! xoxo

~Kaysi