Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Angels Among Us

"Keep on loving each other as brothers.  Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained ANGELS without knowing it."  Ephesians 13:1-2 (emphasis added by me)

What does this tell us?  Well, first and foremost it claims the Truth that Angels exist and are among us.  It also reminds us to be very careful how we treat others -- to treat them with LOVE, as brothers.

I bring this up to say that over the past few months, with our joy over Brayden we have been entertained by Angels.  Now, I'm twisting this passage some, so please let me put this disclaimer -- I am going to talk about earthly (figurative) angels -- but this verse speaks directly to there being Heavenly Angels that are among us, and for us to be aware of how we treat others as they could be Angels and we won't know it. 

With that said...

The outpouring of love we've experienced over the past few months is indescribable.  We have received letters, phone calls, visits, and emails covered in love for Brayden, and my family.  THANK YOU so much for letting us know you care for us, and love us.  We are so thankful for our friends and family who are good about reaching out and letting others know they are on their minds/hearts. 

We have received several blessings from folks that know how hard adoption can be - financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually, and thru this process we've been so stressed we can't see straight, but then we'll get a phone call, or a response to one of our posts on here, or an email that really lifts our spirits and let's us know we are fighting the good fight. 

Kelli even had a very (shall we say) "intentional" conversation with one of the Senior Pastors at our Church just 2 days ago on Sunday.  (I would hate to say it was a "random" conversation -- because God isn't random -- He's very intentional) 

Kelli had sent a link to our blog to this Pastor who has since forwarded it over to our Head Pastor.  They have been reading our posts (and will probably read this) and it appears that God may be spearheading an adoption outreach program in our Church.  Kelli mentioned it to me on our way home Sunday and I have been mulling it over since then.  I don't want to get off track from the original sightline of my post, but let's just say it is a very intriguing idea, and one I would have never thought about -- yet can't seem to get it out of my head that maybe God is working on me in regard to this.  We'll see how it shapes up, but it would be a total 180 from our current "career path"  (whatever that really is).  To say that conversation was uplifting would be a tremendous understatement, so again, know that God works in "intentional" ways.

So...back to what I was saying -- The Lord has blessed us with tremendous friends and family and I need to confess a few things.  I am terrible when it comes to getting compliments.  It is something I need to work on, but I get pretty embarrassed when people tell me they're proud of me, or that I'm doing a good job, or whatever the compliment may be.  I sometimes fear that I brush those off too quickly and don't do a good enough job of thanking the people giving the compliment.  It is hard for me to take those compliments, yet I am afraid I can be a little rude when I brush them off, so please let me say that I am so very thankful for those who have come and told me that they are proud of what Kelli and I are doing with Brayden, but know that we feel like it was God who has chosen us to do this.  We are just following His will for our lives, even if it means it will change our lives forever.  We still don't know what kind of challenges lay in store for Brayden, and it breaks our heart to see him struggle thru with all the tubes and IV's in his body.  So far he seems to be progressing, but he has a long road to hoe.  Continue to pray for his complete healing.

I'll end by saying, again, I can't express in words what it means to me to hear some very dear friends and family members tell me they are proud of me...I'll say this -- my father-in-law (Andrew) drew my name at Thanksgiving which meant he had to say why he was thankful for me.  The words he spoke drove straight to my heart, and although as a "man" its hard to show outward emotion, I was immensely touched by the words he spoke.  He is a private man, somewhat like I am, so for him to say the things he said was very meaningful for me.  He may not say much, but when he speaks it tends to be very heartfelt and profound.  I can't say enough how proud I am to have married into the Overton (and McCann) family as so many people have reached out to us, and loved on us.

...shocking -- I know -- another long post!! 

Anyways, we love you all and I am so thankful to have a support group that picks us back up, dusts us off, and gets us back on the road Jesus has chosen for us.  We are the Church -- the hands and feet of Christ, and we are called to uplift each other, and love each other as brothers.

Please let me know how Kelli and I can return the favor when one of you is in need of love.  We are overflowing with it, and have learned some very neat ways to love back.  We seem to be on the receiving end of love for now, but know that very soon we will need to be on the giving end.

Thanks for stopping by,
DD


0 Friends for Coffee: