Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Sunday, December 13, 2009

For this Child...

1 Samuel 1:27-28

27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD."

It has been 8 years in the making, but our son has come home. 

Last Tuesday we brought Brayden home after having stayed a night at the hospital with him to make sure we could take care of him on our own.  It was a long night, but we made it through and were able to get him home by about 5pm on Tuesday.  Since then we haven't slept much, but you can't wipe the smiles off our faces.  That's not to say it's been all roses and cherries, as the diaper changes with a screaming baby at 2am can raise the blood pressure some, but it is all just part of the job.  :)

We have had several visitors, and our wonderful YoungLife friends have brought us dinner for 4 nights since we've been home.  Mimi and Papa Jack visited yesterday, and my folks (Nana and Pawpaw) have been by twice.  Oh, and I can't forget the life saver that Kaysi was the night we came home as she showed up with PIZZA!!!!  Can't tell you how AWESOME that was!!! 

Nana even came over last night and helped me with Brayden while Kelli had her bus tour for WyldLife -- it's an all night bus ride where they take about 200 middle school kids all over town to do different activities, and it runs from 6pm to 6am.  So, I had my mom come over and help me with Brayden since Kelli would be pretty worn out today.  She took the 11pm - 5am shift -- she's AMAZING -- and I took over at 5am so she could go home to try to sleep a little before the kept the babies at Church!!  Man, that was really great of her to do for us, as I'm not sure how Kel and I would've done without her help. 

Otherwise, we've seen our Pediatrician (Dr. Coco) and the Opthamologist (Dr. Norman) for routine check-ups and all seems to be well.  Our Pedi did tell us we have to be really careful in taking him out in public with it being Cold/Flu season, so we have to be careful where we take him, but we are going to try to get him to see my family and some of Kelli's family for Christmas next week.  We also have about 5 different hand sanitizers around the house so we can squirt some if we need it.  The last thing we need is to take any chances with him getting sick.

So, that's what we've been up to the last week and now I have to get ready to head back to work next week so I can get some training done.  The good thing is I have the last two weeks of the year off, so we'll get to have 1 week to see how Kel and I can manage me back at work, and then I'll get to be home for 2 weeks again. 

Love you all and hope to see/hear from you soon!!

Thanks for stopping by,
DD

1 Friends for Coffee:

Lina said...

We are so excited about you getting Brayden home. What a special Christmas this is going to be - well, honestly they will ALL be a little more precious from now on.