Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Organics???

Ok..so I am not one of those people that you would look and say "I bet she is one of those "organic, all natural, tree huggin" type people. I mean, I really don't pay that close attention to preservatives or pesticides or ingredients..although I SHOULD! Well, that has changed since Brayden arrived on the scene! I have only bought organics for all his food and I watch the labels for sugras and preservatives, ect. So I was thinking...if I love him enough to do that for him, I should be doing the same thing for my husband, and my own body. Here is a link I found today that I printed off and put in my purse to help me with "organic" decisions. I just wanted to share.

http://static.foodnews.org/pdf/EWG-shoppers-guide.pdf

Much Love,

Kelli

2 Friends for Coffee:

kirstenpetree said...

Just came across your blog. My son was also premature and had cysts on the brain. He have PVL(periventricular leukomalcia). He is almost 3 now and has Cerebral Palsy. Anyways I would like to hear how your baby boy is doing now?

The Dowdneys said...

He is doing really good! Brayden never had any bleeding on the brain or seizures and there have been very minimal delays in his development. We are working with an OT and PT and has a great capacity for learning. There is some weakness in his right side, as the cyst is on the left side of the brain. He is small, even for his adjusted age, however, what he likes in size he definitely makes up for in personality. He is very well adjusted.

Of course we have some major milestones ahead of us and we are praying for continued healing and strength. At what age was your son diagnosed? What were the initial symptoms?

K