Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Monday, March 24, 2008

IVF Update

I guess it's finally time to sit down and give an update. If your short on time, let me break it down for you really quick....Nothing has changed so we are still in the same holding pattern!

Now for you out there who would like a little more detail, read on my friends! As you know, we are waiting to start my stimulation meds. In the IVF cycle, the prep month is spent suppressing the natural hormones that are produced. This is done in order to reach a constant level from which to start the stimulation at. Once all hormones are suppressed, then you start the stimulation meds, Gonal F in my case, that will "stimulate" my body to produce follicles and grow them into mature eggs that can be fertilized. We haven't got to that point just yet becuase EVIDENTLLY..my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate!! My hormones are not easily suppressed...guess they get that from me....and I have had cycts on my ovaries the last 3 weeks. The past 3 Thursdays have been the same.."Can't start you on the stimulation meds with cycst. That would only stimulate the cycts growth instead of any follicles. Stay on the meds and come back in a week." They say my body is confused...well, I guess it's a good thing at least my body is following suit with my emotions and my head!! Becuase honsetly, I don't know a part of me that doesn't feel confused right now.

So, I came home to sulk heading into the Easter holiday!! But I just have to say that I have an amazing husband that has a way of putting everything into perspective and painting this picture with a subtle hint of light that was previously dark and morbid!!! I am so glad that The Father has allowed me to journey through life with him as my soul mate. In all reality, we want a good start!! And right now, my body is not at a place that would yeild a good start. Plus, if we have to be in a holding pattern with meds, man are we blessed to be in a holding pattern on a $20 med that lasts a month vs $750 medicine that lasts 5 days!! The stimulation medicine is extremly expensive and we haven't started that yet!! And really, my dissappointment stemmed solely from a timeline that I had tried to fit God's plan into. I wanted a baby by Christmas! Once again, God reminding me that this really isn't in my control. He is calling me deeper and deeper into a relationship that requires me to relinquish every selfish control into His hands. I HAVE to trust HIS plan, to follow HIS voice! I think this is fitting becuase you can't see or touch a voice! You hear, and walk blindly in the direction that voice is calling from. I know from Jeremiah 29 that His plans for my future are greater than anything I can see and far exceed my own selfish desires. I praise Him for all the hidden wonders that I can not yet see with human eyes. So, as my husband reminded me, we are thankful that we can wait for a strong start, that we haven't begun our expensive meds, and that in the end...a healthy baby is all that matters........no matter what day it arrives on!!!

This weekend we also learned that one of my dearest friends, many of you know Vicky, and her husband Robert are expecting for the first time!! I am thrilled, as we will have another little one to love on, and play with, and even though David has already started to warn me that I am going to have a limit on the amount of baby stuff I can buy for them....BLESS them with cute little outfits!!! A huge paise for the life that God created through Vicky & Robert!!

Kel

1 Friends for Coffee:

Andrew & Pat Overton said...

Rejoicing with you and Dave for Vicky & Robert. Do they have a blog...if so, get them added. Would love to hear from them.
I do love you so much. Thanks for keeping everyone posted on what is going on with you and Dave's baby efforts, you know it just loads everybody up with PRAYER FODDER!
We are so blessed to have so many prayer warriors with us. THANKS AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL.