Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Scolded....

Yes, today I was scolded by my husband. Why? ....for not blogging!! "Do you know how much stuff has happened since last Monday that you haven't written about? And I put the last two on there so it's your turn!!" AH...yes, and we think we're ready for kids!!! It's true though, I have to admit!! Last week was a hard week!! Having started the shots on Monday, by Wednesday night I was feeling really rough. I went to a Young Life bible study with some of the leaders and Committee women, and by the time I got home I had a small headache. Took some Tylenol and called it a day. I woke up around 1:30 having soaked the bed in a hard sweat, extremely nauseated, and a migraine. I moved to the couch for the rest of the night, next day, and following night. Lupron is used to shut down my pituitary gland and neutralize my gonadotropins, in effect create a menopausal environment. This will give me a constant level to start from to stimulate the needed levels of hormones to produce mature follicles to become eggs. I know...alot of terminology!! Anyway...bottom line, it made me sick as a dog. Mom said she doesn't feel sorry for me because she's been menopausal for years!!! :) So I spent Thursday - Sunday off and on with heating pads on my head and trying not to move. "Do I really want a baby THIS bad?"..yes, I asked myself that numerous times...and my answer is still yes!!

So, that is my excuse for not writing!! But here I am and feeling much better this week! And it's good because TODAY IS DAY 1 for THE BIG MONTH!! Yes, this is THE month all the action takes place. Week before last David & I attended our Embryology Class at Dallas Presbyterian Hospital. We were able to meet the Embryologist and his team that will be caring over our little embryo from the time the egg leaves me, meets her "perfect boy", and becomes a little embryo. We were able to watch footage of an actual Egg Retrieval, the stages that will take places as the egg is fertilized and develops, and instructed on how which egg(s) are determined will be the ones we implant. It was really exciting....and nerve racking. Just seeing all the 50+ steps and scenarios that have to be exactly right for this to happen. It really left us awe-struck that God's creation of life is such an amazing miracle!!! It was pretty awesome!!

So what's next? Day 3 is a crucial day in the process, so I will go in early Thursday morning for a Sonogram, E2 blood work, and baseline. The sono. is looking to make sure I have not developed any cysts, polyps, and my lining is good. Blood work and baseline will be used to project ovulation period and if a higher mg of meds may be needed to stimulate ovulation. So as of now....March 17 is our target date for Retrieval. YEAH...

We are excited!! We still have a few things that we need to have fall into place for this month. David will be working on the anesthesiologist an hospital pre-registration tomorrow and I have to order my next 3 injectable meds & syringes. Other than that, I think we are pretty good. Just ready to get this done!! Pray Pray Pray......however He leads your heart! We need all you can spare.

Kel

2 Friends for Coffee:

Andrew & Pat Overton said...

You know yo mama and daddy are prayig for you! Too much information may freak me- and how much more of THAT can I take; how does sharing it work for you? You and Dave are my humanly heroes for now......it has to be a God thing, I don't think it is humanly normal at all! You are doing good with posts, keep up updated, I do love you so much! Now I go claim it all in HIS name!

coneandmo said...

I am glad David scolded you! :) I'm glad for the update! I totally flaked out last night! I got my hair done until 7:30 and just came home. I'll call you tomorrow (Thurs) and maybe we can hang out before my campaigner girls.
Love ya! Michele