Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Change of Heart


Today I was so feeling sory for myself. Given our dissappointning appointment last week, the stress of having to drop $$$$ on a refrigerator, my job, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...I was just a little bummed out!! I get up this morning looking forward to a time of renewing in services...and wouldn't you know it.....BABY DEDICATION SUNDAY! Now, don't get me wrong. I do rejoice with the families and they are SOOOOO CUTE! But still there is a twinge of pain, an awareness of emptiness, and this morning the sadness was too much!! I felt horrible that it made me cry, so then I felt guilty. What kind of person am I that is filled with sadness when little children are dedicated to our LORD? So, my spirit was defeated and so I decided t descend to the bedroom for a long Sunday nap!!

Isn't funny how the spirit prompts and leads. I was checking my email before my nap and a lady that is on Young Life Committee sent a prayer request out for a little 11 yr old girl, Brielle, that is fighting Cancer. She attached her Blog and an emial from her mother. In the midst of my self created PITTY PARTY, my eyes were opened to an amazing little girl that is JOYFULLY fighting for her life....impacting people's life...leading them to the foot of the cross!! WOW, is that what the Father is calling me & David too? ....I pondered in silence and cried for forgivness. If Christ can suffer and die in order for us to be reconciled with the Father, how then can I complain and grumble at the frustrations of infertility? Becuase I am human, of theflesh, and Christ was God in flesh and perfect and holy! How I desire to be like Christ.

This is Brielle's mother's email....
“Mommy I wish it could be how it used to be! Why did God let me have cancer? How long will I have to be like this?” I felt my heart stop beating the second Brielle asked these three questions. In the darkness, I laid next to her on her bed, scratching her back and prayed, “Oh God, give me Your words to answer my daughters desperate questions. I said, “Brielle, I believe God puts us here on this earth for two very important reasons. The first is so that we would love Him, accept His Son, and receive the joy in serving Him with our whole heart, soul mind and strength. The second is so that we can share His love with others so that they could come to know Jesus as their personal Savior too. I know Brielle, that God is allowing you to go through this trial with cancer so that you can share the hope, strength and peace that only Jesus can give you in the midst of this circumstance. I absolutely believe Brielle, that God is going to bring people to want to accept Christ that never would have before, because of the Jesus they see in you!” Yesterday, the Kingdom of Heaven rejoiced! The words that the Lord gave me to comfort my daughter became living truth. A new friend of mine from FCS (Friends Christian School) named Chris came by our house to give Brielle a gift. When she was leaving, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, “Brielle has helped me more than I can even begin to explain. I went through a terrifying experience with my son as an infant. I was angry, I blamed God, and had absolutely no peace or hope. I’ve seen how your family has been going through this experience with Brielle. You have peace, you have hope, you have joy and you are trusting God. I wish I could have had that, with the experience I had with my son. I feel like I’m really learning to pray for the first time, as I have been reading all of your e-mails. I want to know more, I feel God speaking to my heart. How does this all work? Right then and there, I grabbed Chris’s hands, and asked her if I could share with her what is means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. With her immediate “YES” response, we walked hand-in-hand up my driveway, and into the house, and into the room we are re-doing as a home school place for Brielle. We shut the door, sat on the floor, smiled at each other and prayed. My heart was so full of joy, as the words of God’s hope, forgiveness of sin through the blood of Jesus, newness of life and eternal security in heaven, just came bubbling out. Excitement and laughter filled “Brielle’s room”. When we were finished praying, we opened the door and walked into the living room where Brielle and Kylin were on the couch watching TV. I looked at Brielle and told her we have a new sister is Christ. Ms. Chris accepted Jesus into her heart to be her Lord and Savior. See Brielle, remember when we talked the other night? Jesus is using your life story to bring others to want to know Him for the very first time! Kylin and Brielle gasped, smiled, and just started clapping heir hands. I have never seen Brielle look so excited! The feeling of thankfulness to God that overwhelmed me at that moment is impossible to express. On the very floor of the room that we are making over for Brielle, a new soul was won for our Lord Jesus Christ. God tenderly allowed Brielle to se His purpose and plan, during her time of affliction. John 5:24 “Most assuredly I say to you whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.” Lord God, You are our God. Our hope is in You. You will never leave us or forsake us. You will bring us through and we will praise Your name! -Lisa






May we bear our burdens with joy and suffer well so that others will see that in the midst of life's trajedy, only Christ can offer the peace that covers all of life's messy details that we do not understand. Like couples struggling with the desire of a baby and little Children of God undergoing Chemo and radiation! I know he hears and is carrying us all in the palm of his hands..may I just be still and know that HE is GOD and PRAISE BE that we do not serve a God of fear!





0 Friends for Coffee: