Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday Planning

So, Cameron's birthday is right around the corener...August 16th and we have decided that we are going to let Cameron decide how we celebrate his birthday. And his focus the last two days is trying to decide what exactly he wants to do. So far he has asked if he could move all the furniture out of the living room and have a foam party...A FOAM PARTY IN MY LIVING ROOM!!! Then he started looking around and asked if we had any spare mattresses? And asked if our back yard was big enough to build a bonfire and if streaking was illegal!! I don't like where this is going at all!

But I tell you what I DID like, what I actually LOVED....I loved sitting in my living room laughing and talking with Cameron tonight. Cameron just got back from a week at Crooked Creek where he went with our Young Life groupd to camp. Cameron had a great time with the kids and leaders and was able to spend some amazing time with the Lord. Tonight, I think really for the first time since he joined us in January, Cameron and I had no walls between us, no barriers, and it really seemed like I was sitting in my living room laughing and sharing as a family!

Of course, we stated that no he could not have a foam party on our hard wood floors and there would be no ma tress surfing down the stairs, no bonfires or streaking. But the joy and excitement in his eyes just at the opportunity to plan his own birthday party.....as he shared with us tonight....his very first birthday party ever!! Please pray that we can keep him real ed in, as that in and of itself is a very difficult tasks with any teenager! But most of all, how thankful I am for this time that we spent tonight together. Just recently, David and I spent a significant amount of time praying and searching to know if we were doing the right thing with Cameron being here under our care. It's so refreshing to see the sweet, tender moments that the Father allows to confirm his will in our lives.

So for the time being, the birthday plans have not solidified into anything firm. We will keep you posted on what wonderful ways we keep coming up with to kick off Cameron's 18th year on this earth and his Senior year at Creekview! Love you all....

KD

2 Friends for Coffee:

Heather said...

Aww, no foam party--come on! Oh, and have fun at camp--hope your ankle gets better soon :)

coneandmo said...

I love how we had the same ideas! I said Chuck E Cheese and Cone said a Skate party. Great minds think alike! We are excited for whatever he decides to do for his party!