Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The weekend before CAMP...

The weekend before camp is usually busy with last minute details, collecting camp forms, and running around town buying all the surprises that we give the kids throughout the week!! HOWEVER....this weekend was a little different! Last week I managed to fracture my ankle, and there's not even a fun story behind it. I was simply walking to my car and stepped down from a curb....I think I must have steeped down the wrong way! Now I have a very attractive black boot on my foot and my ankle is the size of my calf!

Can I just say that my parents are my heroes!!! They drove up Friday night and spent Saturday morning helping me get ready for WyldLife's Carolina Creek. Yes, if you have ready any of our past blogs, ,you will know that I went on staff last fall with YounfLife in Carrollton. I took the director position for WyldLife, Younglife for Middle School students. It's been a fun year, and this week I take my group to Carolina Creek for a week of camp. This will be my 4th YL camp, but the first trip that I am leading as the director.

I have an AMAZING group of student leaders that have partnered with me this year and most are going with us this week. I have to admit, I am looking so forward to this camp but for entirely selfish reasons. I need this time with my kids, with the Lord, ,and away from Internet, jobs, phones......I am really looking forward to seeing and feeling the presence of God. I desperately need to hear Him. And if you know anything about Younglife/Wyldlife...He always shows up at camp!!

I still have multiple small items to gather, wash, pack, and prepare. Tomorrow night the leaders are gathering at the Dowdney house to pray over kids, go through the leader training, and hopefully get a few more spots filled before we leave. Lord willing....I would LOVE for that bus to be completely full!!

KD

0 Friends for Coffee: