Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Friday, October 30, 2009

Be Careful Not to Take for Granted...

The wonders of the Lord. 

As of today Brayden's Infection Markers are down to 1.9 -- we need them to be at 0.5 or lower, but I will absolutely take 1.9!!  Thank you Jesus for allowing this to happen.  For now the Dr is keeping him on antibiotics until Nov 2nd - just to be on the safe side.  They are also keeping him on basically a "Gatorade" diet, so no breast milk until they know he can handle it.  However, they've dropped his "flow" of oxygen, which is good because he's breathing more on his own.  His X-Rays looked good this morning also - his stomach still has a little distension, but they just think it's gas (gets that from his daddy)  :)

Otherwise, this is the time we have to really keep our focus on the Lord.  We as humans tend to look at something like this and think -- "oh, well, things are better -- so we don't need your help anymore...Lord" when in all reality this was the work of Jesus, and we need to Praise Him for it.

So, Thank you Jesus for continuing to work thru Brayden and let us all know You are in control of this entire situation.  I pray that you would continue to work a miracle in this little boy's life, and that You alone would get all the glory -- not the Dr.'s, the nurses, the parents, or anyone else who is involved -- only You. 

One thing I have to remain focused on is what happens when Brayden is healed completely?  Do I thank the Lord a few times, and three years down the road take it for granted?  Or, do I remember the immense stress, pain, and heartache this whole sitatuation has caused -- watching a poor helpless little baby struggle to breathe, eat, and go potty -- things you and I take for granted everyday.  If I'm honest with myself I will understand that I won't always feel the presence of the Lord in my day-to-day life, like I do right now.  If I did, then that too would get "commonplace" and I would get complacent with that relationship (take it for granted as well).  So, I think (and this is totally my opinion) that the Lord allows us to get "dry" with our faith so that He can RENEW us every now and again.  When I say "allows" let me clarify -- It is not HIM who does this -- it is US that does it to ourselves.  We let life get in the way of our walk with Him and don't read the Bible like we should, we skip a Church service every now and then, we don't pray over the things we need to.  This happens because our reliance on Him dwindles -- things are going well so we don't feel like we need Him as much.  "Thanks for getting me thru the tough times, Lord, but now that all is well I can handle it on my own." 

In short, my prayer is that I never take it granted, but I know that I probably will -- the strange dichotomy that is being a Christian. 

Thank you Jesus for allowing to work thru all of us so we can continue to uplift each other in a world that is going to hell in a hand basket.

As for Brayden -- keep praying for his brain development and that he continues to grow big and strong. 

DD

I got to take a bunch more pics last night while at the Hospital.  He is getting bigger, yet still so small and fragile. 

Check out his new Camo Bedding!! 



Hey Folks!!  Thanks for stopping by!!!



Boy, waking up can be hard to do!




Just Chillin'



Go Team!


This is a big yawn/stretch


He can get a little camera shy sometimes  :)

1 Friends for Coffee:

Heather said...

Like the camo :)