Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Friday, October 2, 2009

Meeting Michele

Yesterday David & I headed into the day with excitement and anticipation as we had been told the evening before that we would be able to meet the birth mother and the baby. As I drove through the rain to Ft. Worth I prayed for my attitude towards Michelle, the birth mom. I had found, that in recent days, I was angry and frustrated at her. How do you take the blessing of life and be so self centered that you ruin it? Did she not know the affect she was having on her unborn babies? And then the big question I had been asking God all week....How did God allow Michelle to get pregnant knowing her lifestyle and has allowed my womb to stay closed? My answer was not exactly what I was expecting. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. Isaiah 55:7-9 There were several stories that was laid on my hear the night before our meeting;the women at the well & the women with the alabaster jar are just a few. In Micah it is states that God "will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea." I prayed that my words and actions would reflect Jesus and his love for us.
In listening to her story and throughout our conversation over lunch, I was amazed at how my thoughts and attitude changed. Our hearts overflowed with compassion for Michelle and for these babies! Our conversation was very natural and was truly an answer to prayers! Thank you all so very much for praying! When we were all finished eating, Michelle concluded that she felt we were the right parents for her little boy. She asked us about names and said she liked the ones we were considering. She had been calling him Gabriel and is how the doctor's know him. Michelle shared that she is facing some jail time and could possibly be part of God's road to sobriety for her. It was a good visit and all parties were ready to head to the hospital and check on the baby boy!!

0 Friends for Coffee: