Bradyen's Actual Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bradleigh Nicolynn Dowdney

Lilypie First Birthday tickers">

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thankfulness & Joy

The last week, despite my concern for Brayden being sick this week, I have found myself full of joy and thankful for this journey we have started. Going back to the beginning, I have to say that it was mostly overwhelming fear, disappointment, and confusion. The God has been gracious to wash over my racing mind with peace, and joy, and gratefulness, and excitement! With so many things rushing through my mind on a daily, hourly, second by second basis......listening to all the "concerning" medical terminology and what they say our son will more than likely NOT be able to do.....it was hard for me find truth. I struggled! But I dug in the word and prayed and prayed like I have never in my life prayed before! And I was sitting in my office one morning and I felt it...I felt God's peace wash over me like a warm comfy sweater that you just pulled out of the dryer on a cold morning. I know it was from God.

Since, God has opened my heart and my eyes and allowed me to see His hand. Brayden hasn't even come home from the hospital and already what a tremendous impact he has had on my heart, on David's heart, on our marriage, on our relationship with the Lord....I am amazed and the transformation He is working in David's heart. I have always loved him very much, but His words and actions are such spirit-filled and spirit-lead that I am amazed! Well, not amazed...I am so thankful. I am now thankful for this journey and for how many areas of my life God is using this to change and mold and how many hearts He is calling. I have seen God move and shape the hearts of our parents and friends....provide in financial ways that David & I look at each other and say "Did that really happen?" We have days of laughter and rejoicing and lots and lots of love!

We know that Brayden's story has yet to be written and we hold on to hope and healing in the blood of Jesus Christ, the one true and living God. We praise Him and pray that we will stay focused on His abilities and not the inadequacies of ourselves. I am so thankful that David & I are right where we are and I can't wait to see where He will lead us over the next 18 years!

so grateful...Kel

   Heading to spend the day with Brayden! Our precious, dear friends from OKC
Debbie & Darrel Aebischer are in town and coming to meet Brayden today!!!!
SO EXCITED to see them and for them to see Baby D!
Then meeting David's parents for dinner and some BabiesRus time!

0 Friends for Coffee: